Do Something for Nothing
Seeing Beneath the Surface of Homelessness, through the Simple Act of a Haircut
- Coombes and #DoSomethingForNothing were featured in National Geographic's The Story of Us documentary series, hosted and narrated by Morgan Freeman.
- Since launching #DoSomethingForNothing in 2015, Coombes has traveled the world, connecting with homeless people in London, Paris, Mexico City, New York, and more.
- Coombes has over 168 thousand Instagram followers and #DoSomethingForNothing on Instagram has over 62 thousand followers.
- Coombes has been profiled/featured in numerous publications including British GQ, the Washington Post, etc.
- In 2019, Coombes partnered with the sneaker company TOMS and various NGOs to put on art shows in four major European cities: Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Proceeds from the sale of limited edition prints were donated to local homeless organizations.