The Complete Illustrated Gardening and Landscaping Guide
John J. Albers
Evergreen your landscape with the beauty and benefits of conifers
Growing Conifers is a beautifully photographed, comprehensive gardening guide for selecting and cultivating conifers. Coverage includes:
- Conifer taxonomy, classification, and geographic distribution
- Selecting conifers for size, shape, color, and texture
- Best practices for placement and planting of trees, shrubs, and groundcovers in urban and rural gardens
- Growing needs and low-input maintenance
- Building healthy soil, minimizing water stress, and integrated pest management
- Benefits of conifers including habitat, water and air quality, carbon sequestration, aesthetics, and food.
Conifers are often overlooked in gardening and landscaping in favor of deciduous trees and shrubs. Yet conifers come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and offer tremendous aesthetic and ecological benefits for any garden.
Growing Conifers is an essential, comprehensive resource for gardeners and landscape professionals looking to develop beautiful, sustainable landscapes.